The Rambler

My photo
I live in Atlanta, Georgia. When I'm not working, I can be found reading, perfecting the art of snark, and trying to write fiction.

Friday, January 9, 2009

My Year In Books

I participated in the LiveJournal 50-Book Challenge for the second year in a row. I spent more time exercising than reading last year, which I have never been able to say before. :-) Which means that while I'm 30 pounds lighter, I just barely met the book challenge. But meet it I did! Now I present, for your reading pleasure, a list of all the new books I read. I'd like to highlight some of them in future posts, but I'm not promising anything. I do have another 30 pounds to lose, after all. ;-)

Highly Recommended

1. Confessions of a Pagan Nun by Kate Horsley
2. What's A Christian To Do With Harry Potter by Connie Neal
3. A Door Near Here by Heather Quarles
4. Blood Done Sign My Name by Timothy B. Tyson
5. The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O’Farrell
6. The Magical Worlds of Harry Potter by David Colbert
7. Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
8. Haunted Ground by Erin Hart
9. Lake of Sorrows by Erin Hart
10.Escape by Carolyn Jessop
11.Shattered Dreams: My Life As A Polygamist’s Wife by Irene Spencer
12.Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling
13.Harry, A History by Melissa Annelli
14.My Lobotomy by Howard Dully
15.The Monsters by Dorothy and Thomas Hoobler
16.The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
17.Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World
18.The Time It Takes To Fall by Margaret Lazarus Dean
19.Grave Sight by Charlaine Harris
20.Grave Surprise by Charlaine Harris
21.An Ice Cold Grave by Charlaine Harris
22.The Secret Life of Cee Cee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain

Recommended

1.In The Stone Circle by Elizabeth Cody Kimmel
2.About a Boy by Nick Hornby

Meh
1.Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
2.New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
3.Please Stop Laughing At Me by Jodee Blanco
4.Party Princess by Meg Cabot
5.Without a Backward Glance by Kate Veitch
6.Ghost,Interrupted by Sonia Singh

NEVER, EVER AGAIN!
1.Ghost Girl by Tonya Hurley

No comments: