The Rambler

My photo
I live in Atlanta, Georgia. When I'm not working, I can be found reading, perfecting the art of snark, and trying to write fiction.

Monday, November 17, 2008

My New Favorite "Religious" Song

Over the last year or so, I've fallen in love with a band called Nightwish. Their music is truly beautiful and powerful, and their range is incredible. I love exercising to their music, especially running, because the power of it just makes me want to move.

Their newest album is called "Dark Passion Play," and I've been listening to the last track, 'Meadows of Heaven', off and on for a few days now. I guess you could call it a religious song because it talks about heaven, but it's not really preachy or anything. It's just more of a vision of heaven as seen through the eyes of a child. There's some full-out gospel singing in the last minute or so. It's hard to describe how beautiful this song is. You'd have to hear it, which you can do by going to their official Myspace page: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=131336182. Enjoy!

Here are the lyrics:

I close my eyes, the lantern dies
The scent of awakening, wild honey and dew.
Childhood games, woods and lakes,
Streams of silver, toys of olden days.

Meadows of Heaven.
Meadows of Heaven.

The flowers of wonder and the hidden treasures,
In the meadow of life, my acre of Heaven.
A five-year-old winter heart in a place called home
Sailing the waves of past.

Meadows of Heaven.
Meadows of Heaven.
Meadows of Heaven.
Meadows of Heaven.

Rocking chair without a dreamer,
A wooden swing without laughter.
Sandbox without toy soldiers,
Yuletide without the flight.

Dreambound for life.

Flowers wither, treasures stay hidden
Until I see the first star of fall.
I fall asleep and see it all:
Mother's care and colour of the kites.

Meadows of Heaven.
Meadows of Heaven.
Meadows of Heaven.
Meadows of Heaven.
Meadows of Heaven.

No comments: