The Rambler

My photo
I live in Atlanta, Georgia. When I'm not working, I can be found reading, perfecting the art of snark, and trying to write fiction.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009: What I Read

I've been doing the 50 Book Challenge over on Livejournal since 2007. The challenge is pretty basic: read 50 books or more within a 12 month period. I actually managed to read more than 50 books this year, which should come as no surprise to the employees of my local Borders (who know me by name).

New Books
1. Three Little Words – Ashley Rhodes-Courter
2. Guinevere Evermore – Sharan Newman
3. Monster – A. Lee Martinez
4. Harry Potter and Philosophy – David Baggett and Shawn E. Klein
5. Bones to Ashes – Kathy Reichs
6. Shadows of Lancaster County – Mindy Starns Clark
7. The Graveyard Book – Neil Gaiman
8. Coraline – Neil Gaiman
9. Fragile Things – Neil Gaiman
10.Wintergirls – Laurie Halse Anderson
11.A Field of Darkness – Cornelia Read
12. Lady of Milkweed Manor – Julie Klassen
13. The 19th Wife – David Ebershoff
14. Black Out – Lisa Unger
15. Gothic Charm School – Jillian Venters
16. My Sister’s Keeper – Jodi Picoult
17. The Likeness – Tana French
18. I’m Perfect, You’re Doomed: Tales from a Jehovah Witness Upbringing – Kyria Abrahams
19. Jane-Emily and Witches Children by Patricia Clapp
20. Eclipse – Stephenie Meyer
21. A Wolf at the Table – Augusten Burroughs
22. Under the Banner of Heaven – Jon Krakauer
23. Grave Secret – Charlaine Harris
24. The Darwin Awards, The Next Evolution: Chlorinating the Gene Pool – Wendy Northcutt
25. Boneshaker - Cherie Priest
26. Nanny Returns by Nicola Krauss and Emma McLaughlin
27. The Looking Glass Wars - Frank Beddor
28. Get Lost! The Cool Guide To Amsterdam
29. Gwenhwyfar, The White Wave - Mercedes Lackey

Books I've Read Before
1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone – J.K. Rowling
2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets – J.K. Rowling
3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban – J.K. Rowling
4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire – J.K. Rowling
5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix – J.K. Rowling
6. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince – J.K. Rowling
7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – J.K. Rowling
8. The Mists of Avalon – Marion Zimmer Bradley
9. Such a Pretty Girl – Laura Wiess
10. Grave Sight – Charlaine Harris
11. Grave Surprise – Charlaine Harris
12. An Ice Cold Grave – Charlaine Harris
13. Confessions of a Pagan Nun – Kate Horsley
14. Child of the Northern Spring – Persia Woolley
15. Queen of the Summer Stars – Persia Woolley
16. Guinevere: The Legend in Autumn – Persia Woolley
17. Guinevere – Sharan Newman
18. The Chessboard Queen – Sharan Newman
19. Favorite Wife – Susan Ray Schmidt
20. Speak – Laurie Halse Anderson
21. The Girls Who Went Away – Ann Fessler
22. Belle Weather – Celia Rivenbark
23. Bridget Jones’s Diary – Helen Fielding
24. The Lovely Bones – Alice Sebold

No comments: