The Rambler

My photo
I live in Atlanta, Georgia. When I'm not working, I can be found reading, perfecting the art of snark, and trying to write fiction.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

2009: A Recap

One of my New Year's resolutions was to update this blog more often. We'll see how that goes.

2009 was a pretty good year. I turned 27 in January and swore off tequila after an unfortunate birthday party incident.

February was uneventful. I probably ate lots of Valentine's Day candy.

In March, I went on a cruise to Key West and Nassau. Here I am before the Captain's Dinner:



You'll notice that there's color in my cheeks. Also, I'm smiling and not begging someone to kill me. That's because this picture was taken before I caught Satan's Stomach Flu. On a related note, I probably won't be cruising again for awhile.

In April, I had to choose between being Awkward Girl at my college reunion or going to the always-fun Atlanta Dogwood Festival. Guess which one I chose?

May was an educational month for me. I got to learn first-hand about a fun little illness called pharyngitis. Basically, I ran a 102 degree fever for 2 days, my left lympth node swelled up to the size of a golfball, and I thought I was dying. Luckily, my doctor introduced me to the wonders of Prednisone. Who invented that stuff, and how can I become their fan on Facebook?

Another exciting thing happened in May: I got to see Nightwish in concert!!! They. Were. Amazing. Seriously. It was the best concert I've ever been to.

June was hot.

I ran the Peachtree Road Race on July 4th. Despite being seriously ill earlier in the year, I was still able to cut my finish time by about 5 minutes.

My family and I went to Cape San Blas, Fl. in July. It's a really pretty, isolated beach town that I highly recommend visiting.

August was hot. Also, my friend Judy turned 30, so our college gang got together for her birthday. Here we all are:



September revolved around Dragon*Con: getting ready for it, going to it, and then suffering from the post-Dragon*Con blues. How many more days until Labor Day Weekend 2010?

In October, my sister and I went to Norman, OK. to visit our cousin. Since he plays in the band at OU, we went to the OU vs. KSU football game. OU won! For the record, that was probably the only sports event I will ever attend. But it was fun! Here I am all dolled up for game day:



We also made two trips to Oklahoma City. We went to the Oklahoma City Memorial (I will never have enough tissues for that place), the art museum, the botanical gardens, and Toby Keith's restaurant. We also went to an amazing barbecue place, where I saw the Best Sign Ever.



November = Thanksgiving. That was pretty much it.

December was dominated by Christmas preparations and festivities. No surprise there.

I'm looking forward to a wonderful and productive 2010. My plans/goals include:

1. Losing 40 pounds

2. Seeing Epica in concert (February 28 at the Masquerade!)

3. Going to Las Vegas in March

4. Going to Orlando in May

5. Seeing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 1) in November

Happy New Year, y'all! :-)

No comments: